How Make Money By Doing What You Love
We all want to hit gold, in the sense that we get to do what we love and make money from it. We hear stories all the time about people making money by doing what they love. So why haven’t you?? Are you afraid that you don’t have the skills, I mean there is a girl out there who is making a living by creating bad robots. I came across this video on Facebook that was showing her success as she travels and shows off her robots that just don’t function quite right. And people loved it! I thought it was Amazing that she was doing what she loves, and people straight up adore her and her robots.
If she can make a living by making these robots why can’t I or yourself make a living from what you love doing? For myself, I spent the longest time trying to figure out HOW? Maybe you have the skills but don’t have the know-how?
Well you’re in luck. Here I am doing what I love and I’ve figured out that daunting “How the heck am I going to do this” issue. And I’ll tell ya it’s pretty simple. It’s all in marketing.
You have to know how to market yourself. You will not be successful if you aren’t 100% all in. You have to have confidence in yourself (My quick spiel about Confidence, as you’ll learn my biggest pet peeve is self-deprecation) whatever you do to put yourself out there you need to have confidence not only in yourself but in whatever skill or product you’re promoting.
I’ve seen many talented people not put themselves out there because they don’t have the confidence in themselves to show off what they can do. You have to believe that you are the freakin’ bees knees! And what you have to offer is worth people’s time!
Okay, confidence spiel over.
- Marketing is what gets people interested it draws them in. It is the center of all your success. In any business you need to have good quality pictures, fonts, titles. All of it is so important. Here are some websites I adore because you can get good quality pictures for free.
Unsplash is an awesome website. They have a lot of nature pictures, but what I love most of all is the fact that they provide these pictures for free so people can use them, alter them, whatever. You just can’t sell them. But they are free to download:)
Another great website I use is Pexels They have a lot of variety and is another on of my go-to websites.
And to edit and add text I use Pixlr Editor it is also free and a great place to edit your photos if you don’t have Photoshop.
- Social media has made it really easy to put yourself out there and to get recognized. Utilize the popular outlets such as Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Snapchat, etc. you will get a lot of traffic and followers if you diligently become a Social Media Junkie.
- Starting a blog will also really help your business grow. Blogs are a great source of information if you don’t have one for your skill or product, Start one up yesterday!
- Do your research. If you don’t know how to market. Educate yourself, don’t wait for someone else to do it for you. Learn how to most effectively promote your business by taking matters into your own hands.
There are so many resources for whatever you want to do. Take my blog for example. I have spent so many hours studying the best time post on social media, the best way to gain traffic flow, how to write killer posts, etc. I became an “expert” (Well I’d call myself an amature expert, because of my experience is still limited. But I could rattle off fact raging from a-z about blogging because I am that passionate about it and want to be successful. I didn’t want to jump into something blind.)
Buuut I spent a lot of time doing research. And not a whole lot of time gaining experience, which is where you will see the most results. So….
- Last of all, take risks. Be Bold. Be You. Keep your chin up if things don’t work out at first. I mean look at JK Rowling, she was denied several times and is now more famous than Shakespear. Stay positive, a no from one person could be a yes from another. Keep trying, and take those risks.